Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lagoon

On Saturday my sister Janette called me and invited Ian and me to go to Lagoon with her. I decided that since we had bought season passes this summer and had yet to use them we might as well go and get our moneys worth! So we met up with Janette and her 5 kids. It was the first time in probably 12 years that I have been to Lagoon. And I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had! In fact we had so much fun I just might go back one more time before summer is over! ;)

There is a new ride (or at least new to me) at Lagoon called the Spider. The first time everyone went on it I volunteered to watch the little boys but as soon as they came off the ride they all wanted to go again. Everyone talked me into going on it. Reluctantly I agreed. This is a crazy ride! It's a regular roller coaster but the cart spins around while you are traveling along the tracks. I don't mind roller coasters but our cart was spinning the whole time we were on the ride. I couldn't even open my eyes because we were spinning so much it was making me sick to my stomach to watch all the lights whiz by me!

Another ride we went on was Rattlesnake Rapids which promises that you will get wet! Considering how hot is was that day, none of us cared if we got wet. Except Dallin, he said he didn't want to get wet. We all went on the ride and had fun, even the two little boys had fun until we came to the waterfall (pictured next to this). It doesn't look like you would get that wet going under it, but looks are deceiving. As soon as we went under it everyone got soaked. Poor little Liam had all the water land right on top of his head! There was not one person who escaped getting wet. Even Dallin got wet but he didn't complain or cry, he just smiled, he even said he had fun!

Despite my decade long ban on Lagoon, I was very happy we went. Ian even said to me that he had more fun than at Disneyland! I don't know if I would go that far but I did have a lot of fun. Even thought the food costs an arm and a leg and I was a sucker for my cute niece and nephews and bought them all $3.00 ice cream cones!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

OOO, I love Lagoon. If I can talk Brent into it, we could have a Lagoon day when we all get back.

Georges said...

Gosh, Lagoon...haven't been there in like 20 years!! My husband Jon loves that place more than Disneyland too! In my eyes it doesn't even come close! :)