Sunday, August 3, 2008

Goodbye Notes

On Friday we had a bon fire with the girls from my dental hygiene class. The main purpose of this bon fire was to burn the mountains of notes that we collected over the last 2 years from school. Most of it being pointless, outdated, leftover crap from the dark corners of our teacher's files that they felt they needed to share with us.

There were 7 of us that joined in the festivities. I thought we had a great turn out! Kim S. and Marie did a great job planning the night. They were so sweet - they brought hot dogs that we roasted over the burning notes and we made smores. But my favorite part of the night was when we burned the UCDH banner! That felt great!

I brought a stack of notes but I barely made a dent in the files of notes I have from school. I even donated my community health book the the cause! It felt great burning all those notes! Some of the girls were smart and remembered to bring their dental hygiene class manual booklet. Why didn't I think of that?

Marie put on a great show for us by blowing fire balls with powdered sugar. I was too scared to try. I didn't want to burn my eyelashes off! But the best part of the night was just sitting around and talking. It brought back the good old memories of all our talks in the lunchroom at the MATC building. I am sure going to miss all these beautiful girls now that school is finished! We need to get together more often!

8 comments:

Janette said...

What a fun way to celebrate graduation and passing exams! Good for you! (Maybe I need to do that with all the college notes I have in my basement...)

Jessica said...

Great Idea. I still have two boxes full of notes and books.Im sure none of it is relevant anymore.

The Hanveys said...

Oh what fun that was! Thanks for coming all the way down from SLC to join the funtivities! It really was great to see you. Maybe next time we can do something up your way?! :)

Jordan & Kara said...

Thats so funny!!! I love that idea:) I bet its a good feeling to not have to worry about school anymore!!! Congrats again!!!

Lacey said...

I'm so sad I missed it. I love your description of the notes we received. What a joke. Down with UCDH! :)

Class of 2008 said...

That was great! Love your blog. Fireballs are awesome. Thanks for coming down. I really would love to come up and visit you. Give me a call.
-Kim S.-

Class of 2008 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Hill said...

that looks like so much fun! i love lagoon or just any type of theme park im very jealous.