Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sidetracked

So I had my visit with my doctor today. It went well and we discussed starting Clomid and what to expect while on it and all that fun stuff. Well bless my poor doctor's heart-as she was explaining this to me, she also discussed my weight and she tried to tell me in the nicest way possible that I was fat. Ok, she didn't use those words, but that was the gist of it. She recommended that I lose weight (as if I wasn't completely aware of this before) and she gave me some options to help me achieve that goal.

So after deciding to put off starting Clomid for at least 2 months so I can try to lose 20 pounds, calling and telling Ian about the appointment and crying a little, I decided the best thing for me to do was to continue with my Tubo Jam and to try Nutrisystem. It is a lot of money but I figure that a baby is worth it! Just wanted to give an update because I really don't feel like retelling the "I'm too fat" story to everyone! But thanks for everyone's support-it means a lot to me!

5 comments:

Rie Rie said...

That sucks, and it is hard to hear, but every Dr. starts with the stuff you can do yourself. I have been on Clomid for about 3 mo. in a row, about 3 years ago. After I went on it they realized that I ovulate on my own. My husband has been to every weight loss system ever. And the one that worked for him was Jenny Craig, or he really liked Weight Watchers. Because you do it yourself. You don't have to rely on their food, and then when your eating regular food again, run the risk of gaining some weight back! Hang in there sista! I know it is hard! I know the feeling of crying after coming home from the Dr. every time! It sucks! But hang in there! Just find comfort in the fact that your doing all you can do to make it happen and your not giving up! Hope I helped! Love Ya!

Amy said...

Totally sucks, been there, still there...I can tell you that with a lot of help from the Lord you will be blessed. The more I pray and ask for his help the better the pounds come off. Weird but I think Satan has a lot to do with Fat. ;)

Ian and Kristin said...

Thanks Marie and Amy! I need some words of encouragment. I have been a little dishearted lately. It means a lot to me!

Georges said...

I feel your pain Kristin...at least the "fat" part:) It's so funny how the "skinny" doctors go about telling you to drop weight..like we don't know :) Anyway, I've tried it all and Weight Watchers is a great way to go because it's not that expensive, you can eat what you want (within your points, of course) and you go weekly to get weighed in and meet with others so there is some incentive to do well...especially if you are the competitive type. I'm going to start it again this week with my husband & without the meetings. This way, we can cheer each other on. We can do it Kristin!

Anderson Adventures said...

Kristen
I am sorry that things aren't working out great but I know you are strong and that you can do this. I think it is great that you have lost so much weight already and that Nutrisytstem stuff has worked for alot of my friends so I think it is a good plan. I miss ya and hope we can get together soon.