So yesterday I got a surprise visit from Ian at my work. He showed up around 11:00 and I immediately knew it had to be one of two things. Either he missed me terribly and couldn't wait to see me or he had been laid off from his job. Unfortunately it was the later of the two. That's right ladies and gentlemen...my dear husband is now unemployed!It really was no surprise as it had been a looming threat for the last few weeks. We decided to would be best for him to wait it out and get the severance package and then find a new job. The good news is that he has already has several job interviews and more scheduled.
The only problem that this has caused, besides more grey hairs, is that after 8 weeks we will no longer have health insurance so that has kind of put a kink in some of our plans. The baby will have to wait until we get insurance. Also (so I guess there is more than one problem) we might have to push back buying a house this spring. But all things considered, we are in a good position right, we have just had to put some things on hold for now.
Oh wait! I forgot the worst part! To top it all off, with all this stress I have been eating and I have gained 3 pounds! Stupid Advanta Bank! See what they have done to me!
5 comments:
Sorry to hear that! This economy is hitting everyone! Good luck with the interviews!!
Kristin
I am so sorry to hear this bad news. You are such a wonderful person and I know everything will turn out ok one way or another. Try to hang in there. I haven't had the baby yet. He is stubborn and won't come. I am being induced next tuesday because my doctor said he didn't want to do it this week because it might be to soon. I would love to get together still so call me whenever you get a break. Love and miss ya.
christi
Oh man I am so sorry. It sucks so bad to get laid off. I think it is on my top ten list of worse days ever. Hopefully he will find somethng soon and you can get back to life an normal. Hang in thee and know there are lots of people thinking about you and your family.
Love ya
Amy
I'm so sorry! Our prayers will be with your family.
Oh, man! I was hoping he would fare through the cut. I'm so sorry. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment