Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Look What I Did!




Unfortunately I don't have $10,000 laying around to remodel my kitchen. One day...maybe! In the meantime, I have decided that since I own these lovely stock cabinets, I can do whatever I want to them and no one can get mad at me or make me pay to have the holes fixed when we move. Besides, anything I do to them would only be an improvement on the standard circa early 1990 kitchen.
So off to a trip to Lowe's where we found some nice drawer pulls and knobs to add. We also got some for the bathrooms since they are as plain and boring as the kitchen. It was pretty easy once I got the hang of the power drill! I was a little frustrated with that thing at first but after a day of practice, I got the hang of it and I am now looking for more projects where I can drill holes and stuff! Until next home improvement project....

5 comments:

Amy said...

Those look awesome!! We did the same, another thing that helps those lovely cabinets (we have the same ones) is a 5 dollar cab of stain, totally worth it!

Georges said...

Looks great! It's amazing what little drawer pulls can do to old school cabinets!

Andrea said...

Wow! I love it! I hope I can be creative and crafty when I get a home!

Megan said...

How fun to update and makes things your own! Don't you love the power tools! Mitch got a 12V drill when we got married. I bought him a 19V and the (girly 12V) is mine now. I love finding a reason to use it.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

How cute!!